2.13.2012

Sympathy Cards featured on SRM Blog today

Hey there!  I am back with two sympathy cards featuring SRM Stickers.  Awhile back I shared a sympathy card I made for a friend's Mom here.  Today I have a new card I made for my friend.  Loss of a loved one is a difficult and delicate situation for anyone to endure and I strive to make cards for those in this unfortunate situation to show I care and I am thinking of them.  
This is the card I made for my friend's Mom.  She is a fellow paper crafter and is always making super cute things.  I have only met her briefly once and yet she still thinks of me and is kind enough to send crafty goodies via her daughter to share with me!  That is one incredibly sweet lady!
As I mentioned above you can see the paper supplies and full details about this card in this post here.  

My next card was made for my dear friend.  She is always upbeat and has a laugh that can turn any frown upside down.  Did I mention she also has an incredible singing voice?  Amazing to hear her sing!  She also knits and get this... she spins her own yarn!  These are just a few of her talents!  When I say this lady is crafty, I mean in every aspect.  She keeps encouraging me to come to her knitting night at her house but it scares me!  I am sewing challenged after all.  :-)  Can you imagine me with two needles trying to work a ball of yarn into something worthy?  Nope.  Probably not going to happen.  LOL!  Anyhow...

This card has bright colors because quite frankly, when I see her, she reminds me of sunny days!  I used some Authentique paired with Lily Bee for this.  Lots of punches for the ovals and rounded corners.  
The SRM Sticker sheet used  for both of these cards is #51016 and can be found here.  I cut the border sticker down which is a simple cut you can do to expand the use of your stickers.  
Creating a sympathy card does not always have to be dreary colors with a lily.  I wanted to share that you can celebrate the life of someone by also using butterflies, birds, and other aspects of nature.  I hope you will find a little inspiration here and thank you for stopping by!  


19 comments:

Annette Allen

your cards are just too cute...love them..

Ann

These are beautiful, I agree with you, Sympathy cards don't have to be dreary. I like the position of the doily. Hugs

Angi Barrs

Gorgeous designs! Love the doily.

cnelson

These could not be lovelier! They are so thoughtful and are sure to be appreciated.

dstandard

Both your cards are so pretty - gorgeous!

Stella

Your sympathy cards are made with a splash of non traditional colors and I love that. It just adds a bit of extra warmth; it will comfort your friends. How sweet and thoughtful of you to send these beauties...
Gorgeous!

mags

These cards are just lovely. I am sure they gave comfort to the recipients.
Mags
x

Julie Tucker-Wolek

These are GORGEOUS! i love love love the doily on the first one!! Congrats on being featured on SRM!!

yyam

These are beautiful! I love your colour choices! :)

Marjan

Two very beautiful cards. I especially like the first!

Audrey Pettit

You are so right, it is always so difficult to deal with the loss of a loved one...but what special and beautiful cards you have created to let your friends know you are thinking of them. I absolutely LOVE these cards and love that you made something personal and upbeat for your friends. Sympathy does not have to mean dark and dreary, that is for sure. These are gorgeous, Amy!

whoistracy

Just gorgeous Amy! I love all the pink you used.

Unknown

Your cards are beautiful. Sure to brighten up someones day!

Hugs, Linda

Davi

Both cards are quite beautiful Amy and Im sure will give comfort to them.

Alice

these are so beautiful, Amy! love the details and designs!

Cheryl

These are wonderful sympathy cards! I really love the design on the first.

June Houck

Amy, these are both gorgeous! Wow!!! These are two of my favorite *amy* cards :)

Anonymous

Amy your cards are both so `Beautiful` just so sorry for your loss..sending deepest sympathies..Take Care x Ill catch up as soon as I get five..lotsa loves:) x

Kirsty Vittetoe

They are so pretty!!!! Congrats on being featured!!!!

Post a Comment

Thank you for choosing to leave me a message. It is greatly appreciated! ♥ Amy